Into His Presence would I enter now
“This is a day is silence and of trust. It is a special time of promise in your calendar of days. It is a time Heaven has set apart to shine upon, and cast a timeless light upon this day, when echoes of eternity are heard. This day is holy, for it ushers in a new experience; a different kind of feeling and awareness. You have spent long days and nights in celebrating death. Today you learn to feel the joy of life. (ACIM lesson 157)
As the season of hustle swirls around us, the Winter Solstice is the perfect time to turn within. This the shortest day of the year gives us cause to pause and reflect on what has gone by and what is rising from the horizon.
This is not just a new year, but a fresh decade of promise and potential. Here are 7-steps to help inspire some sacred time this Solstice. Please add your own suggestions in the comments.
Spending Sacred Time this Winter Solstice
- Set the tone. Set the stage to be comfortable and safe… maybe not a common room that gets a lot of foot traffic. Think like a bear and yuck yourself away in a nook or a cave. Play some music, make a cup of tea, stay in your “spa wear” 🙂
- Bring a journal, and begin a conversation with your Divine. Listen and just let yourself take note. Do not negate just listen and get curious.
- Place your intentions into affirmations. An affirmation is a short personal, positive, present statement. “I am blessed by God all my needs are met and more.”
- Imagine. Pour a warm cup of spiced tea (Sweet and Spicy by good earth) then slowly close your eyes and as you sip away on your tea, imagine yourself leaning into and living up to this ideal concept of your life. Imagine those that will be helped by your commitment to living large in love for God. I suggest doing this for the whole cup of tea. This gives us a time framework. And it also helps to make our dreams and desires more digestible.
- Add a chant. My mother used to tell me that a prayer sung was twice as powerful. Singing helps us to remember. To add a tune to your affirmations. If you are not a singer, try humming, toning or chanting. (I will add a chant here that you can use and meditate to)
- Vision altar or board. Arrange a few items or images to help anchor our intentions.
- Expect miracles.
Maureen Muldoon is The Spiritual Vixen, a happiness Pied Piper, intuitive vision caster, fearless activist, writer, speaker, storyteller and thought leader. She is the spiritual director of SpeakEasy Spiritual Community and creative director of Voice Box. She hosts conversations that inspire individuals and organizations to get on course with their own brilliance. She blogs at ~ MaureenMuldoon.com and Vlogs on YOUTUBE